  From: Kelley Saveika
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 10:27 AM
  Subject: Re: New to the list

  Hi Emily,

  Your only option is NOT to put him to sleep.

  As far as the thinness goes, you can learn to syringe feed him.  Sometimes
they pull through episodes of illness and sometimes not.

  I would have the brothers tested - but if they're going to be infected they
likely already have been, since they have been together so long.  Some people
on this list mix + and -, and some don't.  After testing, if they are negative,
I'd definitely get them vaccinated against FELV, though.  Have they ever been
vaccinated against it before?

  There are lots of people here who know more about FELV than I do.  I just
wanted you to know someone's out here listening, someone cares, and you aren't
alone.

  This is a great list, welcome.