My vet uses 1-5 for cats. He rated my older cat at a 3. She had lost weight.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kelley Saveika
  To: felvtalk
  Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 7:10 PM
  Subject: OT - BCS?

  Hi all,

  My previous vet used a body condition scale (BCS) of 1-9, however I have seen
BCS used of 1-5.  I am trying to find out exactly what a 2.5/5 on the BCS of
1-5 indicates and I've not had much luck looking on the Internet - it seems to
be more used for farm animals, but for whatever reason this clinic was using it
for cats.

  http://www.rescuties.org

  http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

  Please help Clarissa!