From: Caroline Kaufmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 2:32:21 PM
Subject: CLS- Possum

Can you add my foster kitten Possum (aka "Possee") to the CLS?  He was not an
FELV cat, but possibly FIP.

He was a struggling, failing to thrive white w/ grey kitten (who indeed looked
like a Possum), who had a rough start in life and I took him in to give him TLC
and see what I could do for him.  Unfortunately, I was unable to get him the
vet care he needed/deserved due to approval problems with the adoption group he
belonged to/I volunteered for and I will forever regret that and feel guilty.
But I know I gave him a wonderful few months that he wouldn't have had if I
hadn't taken him in: he was kept warm, freed from the pet store condos, got the
royalest treatment of all my fosters b/c I never made him stay in the condo-he
had free reign of my two bedrooms, he slept on the bed with me curled in my
arms or on my chest or shoulder every night and we had love-fest sessions every
morning, with him purring away, he got the highest quality food and
supplements, holistic vet treatments, and a little kitty heating pad that
became his all time favorite thing.
 Sadly though, for whatever reason, whether it be FIP, a congenital heart
defect, or both, his little body couldn't keep up with his mind and desire to
live and he crashed without warning (besides a swollen belly) on me in the
early morning hours of Sunday and I rushed him to the emergency vet clinic to
end his suffering.  He was a wonderfully sweet little boy and although he was
more an old-man cat then the 7 mo kitten he was supposed to be, I loved him for
who and what he was and I will miss him dearly, especially because he became my
sleeper-bud and I haven't had one since Monkee left me in July.

He was my first cat/foster kitten to die since Monkee and that makes it even
more heartbreaking for me b/c the Monkee loss is still so fresh.  I also wonder
why they keep crashing on me on Sundays?!

Thank you,
Caroline K.

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star
power. Play now!

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs