Definitely!  Possum was such a sweet soul that I know he would be happy to know
his name lives on in another baby kitty in need, and that he was the
inspiration for that.  The name Possum also led to many wonderful nicknames and
terms of endearment that I had for him, such as Possee (with the double-e in
honor of my beloved, late Felv cat Monkee), Poss, PossRum, RumRum, Possil (like
Fossil), and Rossi (I don't know why?  It just came out!).  And that little boy
knew everyone of his nicknames and came to any and all of them!  I'll miss
calling him by his nicknames at night when we settled into bed to read our
book.  But I am glad that his story maybe revived something in you because
typing it and getting such positive feedback from everyone on this site,
definitely revived something in me.
thanks,
caroline > Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:04:19 -0800> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: CLS- Possum> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> > Caroline, I love
possums and I love that name! Please> don't feel guilty. Whatever time Possum
had here, the> two of you made it better for each other. And> you've given me
the inspiration I've needed to keep> focused on rescue, (burnt out!) so you and
Possum have> had a ripple effect that will help a few more sweet> and gentle
souls. > > Oddly enough, I have been after a grey and white male> with a hurt
foot and sore mouth, and just took in a> grey and white youngster who flung
himself into> traffic trying to get away from a cord wrapped around> his neck.
I think Possum is a great name and if you> don't mind, I might borrow it. > > >
--- Sherry DeHaan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> > > Caroline,I am sorry to hear
of your sweet Possee> > leaving you.He was lucky to have you.Hugs to you.> >
Sherry> > Caroline Kaufmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> > wrote:> > .hmmessage P {
margin:0px; padding:0px } > > body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; > >
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma } Can you add my foster> > kitten Possum (aka "Possee") to
the CLS? He was not> > an FELV cat, but possibly FIP. > > > > He was a
struggling, failing to thrive white w/ grey> > kitten (who indeed looked like a
Possum), who had a> > rough start in life and I took him in to give him> > TLC
and see what I could do for him. Unfortunately,> > I was unable to get him the
vet care he> > needed/deserved due to approval problems with the> > adoption
group he belonged to/I volunteered for and> > I will forever regret that and
feel guilty. But I> > know I gave him a wonderful few months that he> >
wouldn't have had if I hadn't taken him in: he was> > kept warm, freed from the
pet store condos, got the> > royalest treatment of all my fosters b/c I never>
> made him stay in the condo-he had free reign of my> > two bedrooms, he slept
on the bed with me curled in> > my arms or on my chest or shoulder every night
and> > we had love-fest sessions every morning, with him> > purring away, he
got the highest quality food and> > supplements, holistic vet treatments, and a
little> > kitty heating pad that became his all time favorite> > thing. Sadly
though, for> > whatever reason, whether it be FIP, a congenital> > heart
defect, or both, his little body couldn't keep> > up with his mind and desire
to live and he crashed> > without warning (besides a swollen belly) on me in> >
the early morning hours of Sunday and I rushed him> > to the emergency vet
clinic to end his suffering. > > He was a wonderfully sweet little boy and
although> > he was more an old-man cat then the 7 mo kitten he> > was supposed
to be, I loved him for who and what he> > was and I will miss him dearly,
especially because> > he became my sleeper-bud and I haven't had one since> >
Monkee left me in July. > > > > He was my first cat/foster kitten to die since>
> Monkee and that makes it even more heartbreaking for> > me b/c the Monkee
loss is still so fresh. I also> > wonder why they keep crashing on me on
Sundays?! > > > > Thank you,> > Caroline K. > > > > > >
---------------------------------> > Climb to the top of the charts! Play the
word> > scramble challenge with star power. Play now! > > > > > >
---------------------------------> > Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them> > fast with Yahoo! Search.> >
http://biggestloser.msn.com/