  From: Caroline Kaufmann
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 9:31 PM
  Subject: RE: CLS- Possum

  Definitely!  Possum was such a sweet soul that I know he would be happy to
know his name lives on in another baby kitty in need, and that he was the
inspiration for that.  The name Possum also led to many wonderful nicknames and
terms of endearment that I had for him, such as Possee (with the double-e in
honor of my beloved, late Felv cat Monkee), Poss, PossRum, RumRum, Possil (like
Fossil), and Rossi (I don't know why?  It just came out!).  And that little boy
knew everyone of his nicknames and came to any and all of them!  I'll miss
calling him by his nicknames at night when we settled into bed to read our
book.  But I am glad that his story maybe revived something in you because
typing it and getting such positive feedback from everyone on this site,
definitely revived something in me.
  thanks,
  caroline