  From: Beth Gouldin
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 5:11 PM
  Subject: Re: Panting

  my 6 month old FELV + manx kitten does the same.  So did our 9 month old
Siamese mix who we had to PTS because of a serious bout with FELV over
Christmas. It was normally after careening around the house together but  it
never really seemed normal.  The manx is a loud breather anyway - sometimes on
the verge of 'labored' breathing periodically during rest - but more generally
just a noisy nose.  When she was cked over by our vet other than the FELV+ she
was really in good condition considering the odds (she has a partial prolapsed
anus that doesn't seem to bother her - we were trying to take care of it when
the FELV issue presented itself in the other cat... then we tested her...)
  We go back in 3 weeks for re-test - we are crossing our fingers ...

  I googled it (panting) as well and got the same generalized answer which
really didn't help - so I'm interested in the answer to Susan's Q.

   - Beth Gouldin