Any chance that it could be asthma or some type of allergy?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: catatonya
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 7:25 AM
  Subject: upper respiratory???

  Hi Guys,

  I have a semi-feral cat, Sneaker who has a chronic upper respiratory problem.
 He has been to the vet, has been on 2 rounds of different antibiotics, and had
x-rays done to see if there was any type of mass (cancer, etc...) in his nasal
cavities.

  We are finding nothing.  His discharge (if any) is clear.  His lungs are
clear.  He simply breathes as if he's got a stuffy nose.

  The last thing we did was the x-ray and a culture to see if there's some kind
of weird bacterial thing going on.

  I have 5 other cats here, including my positive, and no one else has this.

  Any ideas???

  thanks in advance,
  tonya

  Susan Ang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    In December, Autumn developed bad breath. I checked her mouth and her gums
looked inflamed and a few of her teeth were yellowy. After Christmas, we went
to PetSmart and got her a little red tooth brush and malt flavored paste. I
expected a bit of a fight, but she loves the flavor and runs to get her teeth
brushed every night. She doesn't like the brushing so much as licking the paste
off the brush, but I am able to get some good, light scrubbing in. So far: no
more bad breath and her gums look healthy. I don't know if anyone else had
success with this? We also use tartar control treats. I don't usually post
because I'm a FeLV noob! However, I've learned a lot  from this list and
thought I'd post this since it worked well for Autumn.

    ~Susan A.