If I pay a vet bill for a cat who is being fostered by a 501(C)(3) I
can deduct it on my taxes.  The 501(c)(3) doesn't need to be there, to
my knowledge.  They can give me a receipt stating I paid the bill.  A
lot of times rescues have standing accounts set up at vets offices and
you can pay bills for them.  This is the same AFAIK as buying food and
donating it to them.  By the way your food and litter for your foster
animals are also tax deductible.  You just have to keep it separated
from your personal animals.  I estimate this by percentages.  So if I
have 1 personal cat and 2 foster cats, I write off 2/3 of my food and
litter costs.

http://www.rescuties.org

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

Please help Clarissa!