Join Us & Help Reunite Katrina-displaced Families with their Animals

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lynne
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 9:55 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: fixing a leukemia kitty

Dorothy, believe me, this is weighing heavy on my mind.  He's scheduled to
go in this Friday.  The vet assured me he was healthy and up to it.  If it
were a spaying I probably would definitely be worried since I think it is a
more complicated surgery.  I still have tomorrow to reconsider.  I would
definitely be happier if his urine were not so strong smelling and I have
read that neutered cats can be healthier, ie less likely to develop prostate
or other cancers so I'm really torn as to which way to go.  I do not want
him to be wanting to go out.  The first night we had him the little buggar
went upstairs and peed in an unoccupied bedroom and it took two days to
clean, air the place and get the smell out.  We had his litter box ready but
he chose to mark this room.  The door has since been closed and he
faithfully uses his litter box but once the breeding season comes, I don't
know what he'll do.  What do the rest of you think.  Should I hold off on
this surgery?  Boo is somewhere between 4 and 6 years old, kind of old for
neutering but I truly want what's best for him.

Thanks Dorothy for your input.

Lynne