>From the moderator of the FIP website.  I hope this helps.
caroline

Hi Caroline,I reposted my message about vaccination.I found some info regarding
vaccination of retro-virus infected
cats:http://www.aafponline.org/resources/guidelines/2006_Vaccination_Guidelines_JAVMA.pdfVaccination
 of retrovirus-infected catsRetrovirus-infected cats should be housed
indoorsand isolated from unvaccinated cats to diminish theirlikelihood of
infecting others and to reduce their exposureto other infectious agents or
trauma. The AdvisoryPanel recommends that core vaccines (FPV, FHV-1,FCV, and
rabies virus) be administered to FeLV-infectedcats; noncore vaccines should be
given only if therisk of patient exposure justifies their use. Cats
infectedwith FeLV may not be able to mount adequateimmune responses to
vaccination against rabies virusand perhaps to other vaccines as well.c
Therefore, protectioninduced by vaccines in FeLV-infected cats maynot be
comparable to that achieved in uninfected cats.Experimental evidence indicates
that FIV-infectedcats are capable of mounting immune responses toadministered
antigens, except during the terminalphase of infection, although these
whether immune stimulation (eg, vaccination)accelerates the course of
FIV-induced immunodeficiencyare conflicting, but a potential trade-off
toprotection from disease by vaccination is progressionof FIV infection
secondary to increased viral production.The Advisory Panel recommends that core
vaccinesbe administered to FIV-infected cats, but noncorevaccines should be
given only if the risk of patientexposure justifies their use. In 1 study,37
cats experimentallyinfected with FIV developed vaccine-inducedpanleukopenia
when given modified-live FPV vaccines.Whether cats naturally infected with FIV
are atincreased risk of developing vaccine-induced diseasefrom residual
virulence of infectious vaccines is notknown; however, administration of
noninfectious vaccinesis preferred whenever available.Kind regards,Marleen
http://biggestloser.msn.com/