More vaccine info from the FIP group...
caroline
 Hi all,>> I did notice on this list and general feline health lists that
"fluboosters" can cause adverse reactions in cats and in some cases mighthave
triggered FIP. Please ask your vet to report each adverse reactionas I'm pretty
sure adverse reactions are under reported. Your vet shouldmake a note in your
cat's medical file when your cat doesn't seem tosupport well some type/brand of
vaccine.>> Please don't over vaccinate your cats and ask only for core
vaccinesunless there is a good reason to use a non-core vaccine. Most
corevaccines are effective for at least 3 years so it's not really necessaryto
give a yearly vaccine. Remember that your vet should perform a healthcheck-up
before vaccination and never vaccinate cats that don't seem tobe healthy.>>
Here are some good links on vaccination and guidelines. After readingthose you
might want to assess together with your vet which vaccinesyour cat really needs
and how frequent your cat should get them.>>>
http://www.fabcats.org/owners/vaccination/info.html>>
http://www.fabcats.org/cat_group/policy_statements/vacc.html>>
http://www.fabcats.org/owners/cat_flu/vaccination.html>>
http://www.fabcats.org/owners/cat_flu/limping_syndrome.html>>> Kind regards,>
Marleen
Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your
"fix".