There is a milk replacement called JUST BORN that has colostrum in it. Dixie and PC really like it....fairly high calorie with lots of good stuff and a really good replacement for cow's milk. It is availiable mixed or dry (can be mixed in with wet food). Colostrum is a wonderful supplement for critters and people. I know one 70 + year old woman who broke an arm......her doctor could not believe how quickly and wonderfully she healed.
On Feb 14, 2008, at 7:03 AM, Lynne wrote:

Thank you Wendy.

I will call my vet today about the Doxycycline and Hemobartanella.

Here are the results of BooBoo's blood work. This is a Canadian lab so I don't know if the values are the same as in the US.

WBC 9.9 MCV 57 WBC FLAG EOS (8.9) RBC 3.95 MCH 20.0 % LYM 29.1 LYM 2.8 HGB 7.9 MCHC 35.2 % MON 6.5 MONO .6 HCT 22.4 RDW 17.5 % GRA 64.4 6.5
PLT    81            MPV    11.0

He wasn't doing very well last night, extremely fatigued. I did hear him eating some crunchy food this morning, drink either the water or milk I put down for him last night. I know you aren't supposed to give cats milk but I'm desparate here to get some fluids into him. He did wake me up by jumping on the bed this morning and purring in my face. My husband thought he felt really warm last night and actually I did too. He's cool this momrning. What I have noticed that kind of concerns me is that when he's sleeping his chest seems to rise unusually high with each breath, like he has to try extra hard to breath. This could be the anemia right? He does have a bit of a runny nose too. Calling the vet today. I did manage to get the previous owners to give me his birthday. He will be 5 in July. This makes me think that he got infected by a neighborhood cat when he was allowed to roam. If that's the case, statistically he's on his last leg. I was also wondering if he could be depressed. As bad as his previous environment was, maybe he misses those people and his original home. Could hormonal changes after his neutering be a reason for his lack of interest in anything? He was just neutered last Friday.

Gotta get moving here and go to work, although BooBoo is my real full time job these days.

Lynne
----- Original Message -----
From: Tad Burnett
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 12:26 AM
Subject: Re: CLS

Hill's A/D is a good tasting recovery food loaded with vitamins
and minerals... I buy it by the case for my guys... You probably
have to buy it from your vet but it could help...
In the archives or files for this group there are directions for liver
shake which is about the same thing...
Tad

Marylyn wrote:
Something that may have already been addressed: Feed the absolute best you can.......no grains if possible. Dixie eats organic and Primal Raw + finely chopped carrots, spinach etc. One of my holistic vets recommends vitamin C. There are lots of good supplements. Dr. Susan Maier at the Horizon Vet Services in Simpsonville Ky does phone consultations and has had good luck with FELV+. Dr. E A Boswell in Louisville Ky has also had good luck. I see both of them and think the world of them. They compliment and do not replace my regular vets. If you decide you need phone consultations I'll get you phone numbers or you can Google them.