  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lynne
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:08 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Boo's vet adventure

We just got home from visiting the vet and will be picking up the
Doxycycline tomorrow.  It's being made of all places at the pharmacy
across the hall from where I work so I can get it there instead of going
back to the vets.  These folks make up Lennies transdermal thyroid
medication and don't charge me a dispensing fee so good for me.  I know
I'll get a good price on the Doxycycline and Interferon.  The Doxy is a
liquid, chicken flavored one and the vet is going to teach me to
administer the Interferon.  We don't really know if this will make a big
difference but are willing to try.  That will be in next week and to my
absolute shock, it isn't anywhere near what I expected it to be cost
wise.  It's peanuts compared to what we've spent in cat food alone for
this guy.

BooBoo really likes Dr. Gill.  He is by the way running a slight fever
so it is important to get this antibiotic in him.  When we came home,
BooBoo came down the stairs all on his own, into the kitchen and ate
some food.  He doesn't spend much time down here, just upstairs on the
bed.

When we were at the vets Dr. Gill told us about a family who brought
their cat in today, an 11 month old female for neutering and discovered
she was positive for FelV.  I guess they were all crying and needed to
make a decision about keeping her or euthanizing her.  They have 2 other
cats at home who tested negative as well but they share everything so
who knows what will happen in the future.  Bottom line is, I think this
was a ploy on Dr. Gill's part because he really loves this Baby cat and
said he'd keep her if he didn't already have 2 cats at home and he
didn't want to have to tsend her to the humane society because they just
euthanize them.  Of course after introducing her to BooBoo and us we
said we'd take her if they decide to have her put down.  I can't believe
this.  Her blood work came back perfect so she' showing no signs of the
disease yet.  She's adorable, a golden color with black feet and some
black stripes.  They would pay for the neutering and adoption process if
we took her.  He didn't charge us for this visit either.  So I guess it
was a good day.  I don't know what the future holds for BooBoo but Bob
and I have decided to give him every opportunity we can and just enjoy
him while he's here.

Lynne
Effective September 1, 2007, we have changed our name to Mayer Brown LLP.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was
neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer Brown LLP to be used and
cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that
may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers to any such tax
advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or other entity,
investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the advice was written
to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other than Mayer Brown LLP)
of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such taxpayers should seek advice based
on the taxpayers particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.