Lynne -
You must have been scared to death!  I know I would have been.  Maybe the shots
will be easier on him then trying to get things down his throat.
I purchase something on e-bay, I think it is called a kitty cuddler that is
made to wrap a cat in to give medications.  Maybe something like that would
make it less stressful for BooBoo.  I bought it for my Tucker because he is
AWFUL with any oral meds. - gentle sweet kitty turns into evil clawing tiger.
I was afraid he would hurt himself because he fights so hard, and I know he
clawed me pretty well a few times.  Fortunatly I have not had to give him
anything since I purchased it and I do not know how well it works yet.
Sue
---- Lynne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
I had a frightening event with BooBoo this morning.  He hates being given this
Doxy and fights me.  I gave him some water via syringe after it as well.
Suddenly he started gasping for air, breathing through his mouth for about 10
minutes.  He is anemic and breathes heavily under normal circumstances.  I
can't imagine what kind of stress the Interferon shots are going to cause him.
Should I try mixing this Doxy with his wet food?  It's doubtful he would get
the appropriate dosage if I did because he is a light eater.  I'm beginning to
think that I'm fighting a losing battle here and perhaps it would be best to
just let nature take its course without intervention.  I hate this.  One minute
he seems perky and now he's just exhausted.  I spent the time with him while he
was having problems breathing comforting him, just to get him settled down and
even his purring was excessively loud.  I don't know how much more this little
guy can tolerate.

Lynne