I had a frightening event with BooBoo this morning.  He hates being given this
Doxy and fights me.  I gave him some water via syringe after it as well.
Suddenly he started gasping for air, breathing through his mouth for about 10
minutes.  He is anemic and breathes heavily under normal circumstances.  I
can't imagine what kind of stress the Interferon shots are going to cause him.
Should I try mixing this Doxy with his wet food?  It's doubtful he would get
the appropriate dosage if I did because he is a light eater.  I'm beginning to
think that I'm fighting a losing battle here and perhaps it would be best to
just let nature take its course without intervention.  I hate this.  One minute
he seems perky and now he's just exhausted.  I spent the time with him while he
was having problems breathing comforting him, just to get him settled down and
even his purring was excessively loud.  I don't know how much more this little
guy can tolerate.

Lynne