  From: Lynne
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 8:11 PM
  Subject: Re: breathing issues

  Thanks Laurie.  I am going to stop the Doxy.  It is just simply too much
trauma for him.  His heart and lungs were checked out again last visit and
aside from a grade 1 systolic murmur his heart is fine.  My 19 year old cat has
one of those, I have one of those and they pose little threat.  He was fine
after the neutering.  He is on no meds except the Doxycycline.  Bob was just
upstairs listening to his heart and lungs with a stethascope and says his lungs
are clear and he ate a bit.  He's just so weak though.  He walks a foot and
lays down.  His sides are still heaving somewhat but he isn't breathing through
his mouth at the moment.  He did have a bit of a fever when we saw the vet on
Friday but as it is now he is cool to the touch, not like he was a few days
ago.  If he's ok tomorrow, I will call Dr. Gill but other than the interferon
that will be arriving next week, I am not going to put this cat through any
more.  He just isn't up to it.  If all he does is sleep his life away I can
deal with that.  I really don't think he's having a reaction to the Doxy, just
the giving of it.  He can't stand being restrained or picked up.  He is very
loveable on his terms and will lay beside me, but at a safe distance.  He just
isn't used to people like Bob and I who are probably overbearing when it comes
to giving attention and affection.

  Thanks so much Laurie for your kind thoughts.

  Lynne