Where I live it is abuse to fail to provide medical care for a sick or injured animal. You might see if there is any recourse down that avenue.
L

----- Original Message ----- From: "MacKenzie, Kerry N." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:13 AM
Subject: RE: Holistic Vets


I can relate to everything you say Lynne. You're doing everything in
your power to help BooBoo, but you're not going to let him suffer.
It's beyond me why so many vets can't think beyond euthanasia the second
a cat tests FeLV pos. It makes me want to say to them, so I take it
you'd recommend euthanasia for yourself if you were diagnosed with a
terminal disease? Yup, that's my vindictive streak!
I don't blame you one bit for emailing BooBoo's former "family". I hope
they do take a lesson from it. But, from everything you've said about
them they are not good people and I hate to think of any animal being in
their "care".
Kerry


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lynne
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 9:18 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Holistic Vets

Thank you Jane.  I think of all our members and what they are
experiencing
as well.  I think it makes us all better people and caregivers.
Honestly I
think the vet was wrong to suggest to us as soon as Boo was diagnosed
that
we consider euthanasia.  It would have been far harder on me if I had
not
given him a fighting chance.  I still will not let him suffer and if
there
is any indication of that, BooBoo will be crossing that bridge.  My
husband
has suggested I not let the previous owners know what is going on with
him
because they would just blame us anyway, but I felt this morning that
they
should experience at least a bit of the pain that we have because of
their
neglect/stupidity.  So I did email them outlining all of the tests he's
been
through, the suffering he has experienced with his breathing, all the
nasty
details including the financial impact.  I'm not as kind as my husband
is
and unfortunately I do have a vindictive side to me.  I ended my email
by
saying you should have all your animals tested and/or vaccinated so you
won't have to experience this agony.

Lynne
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jane Lyons" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: Holistic Vets


Lynne
I am thinking of you and BooBoo. I know how stressful this is for the
both of you.
He is on his own path and is so lucky to know what caring and love
feels like.
Take care of yourself.

Jane




On Feb 20, 2008, at 9:11 AM, Lynne wrote:

> Sue, I spoke with Karen at length last night and she recommended
> something
> called Factor One.  I'm gonna call the supplier today.  My vet has
> now told
> me that interferon will not help BooBoo as it is too late.  I've
> decided
> that I will do what I can within reason to help BooBoo keep
> comfortable.
> I've had to stop the Doxycycline because it is too stressful for
him.
> Perhaps we can restart it next week if he's better or if the
> culture comes
> back suggesting another antibiotic I'll try that.  Our vet is a
> really nice
> guy but is not encouraging and it seems like now he does not want
> to do
> anything unless we tell him what to do.  He's concerned I suppose
> about the
> expense of all this treatment and the inevitable results.
>
> Good luck with the Holistic vet.  Around here this disease seems
like
> something that has not interested a lot of vets and they just
> euthanize,
> which is shameful.  Also, a lot of vets seem to be more interested
> in dogs
> than cats, probably because there are so many feral cats around and
> they are
> causing problems.
>
> Lynne
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Sue Koren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "FeLV Talk" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:25 AM
> Subject: Holistic Vets
>
>
>> Hi, All -
>> First off, Lynn, I am so glad to hear Boo Boo is doing better.  I
>> had a
> cat who had fluid removed and she did not do anywhere near so well
> afterwards.  Don't give up on that little fighter any time soon!
>> I am thinking about taking Buzz to a Holistic Vet.  When I
>> questioned my
> regular vet about Immuno-Regulin and Interferon she said she had
> not heard
> of much success with those things and said I might want to consider
a
> Holistic Vet.  I e-mailed one and asked if they could do anything
> for a
> FeLV+ cat that would be peventative and might help them throw the
> virus.  It
> is quite a distance from my home and I don't want to put Buzz
> through the
> stress of the trip if it won't do him any good.
>> Sue
>>
>
>


_____________________________________________________________________________
Effective September 1, 2007, we have changed our name to Mayer Brown LLP.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer Brown LLP to be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other than Mayer Brown LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such taxpayers should seek advice based on the taxpayers particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor. This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.




Reply via email to