Where is previous owners breeders? If so, report them to the various animal societies.........I guess cats have the equivalent of AKC. Also the BBB. First, you can vent. Second, you may save another cat or its people.
On Feb 20, 2008, at 9:17 AM, Lynne wrote:

Thank you Jane. I think of all our members and what they are experiencing as well. I think it makes us all better people and caregivers. Honestly I think the vet was wrong to suggest to us as soon as Boo was diagnosed that we consider euthanasia. It would have been far harder on me if I had not given him a fighting chance. I still will not let him suffer and if there is any indication of that, BooBoo will be crossing that bridge. My husband has suggested I not let the previous owners know what is going on with him because they would just blame us anyway, but I felt this morning that they should experience at least a bit of the pain that we have because of their neglect/stupidity. So I did email them outlining all of the tests he's been through, the suffering he has experienced with his breathing, all the nasty details including the financial impact. I'm not as kind as my husband is and unfortunately I do have a vindictive side to me. I ended my email by saying you should have all your animals tested and/or vaccinated so you
won't have to experience this agony.

Lynne
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jane Lyons" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: Holistic Vets

Lynne
I am thinking of you and BooBoo. I know how stressful this is for the
both of you.
He is on his own path and is so lucky to know what caring and love
feels like.
Take care of yourself.

Jane

On Feb 20, 2008, at 9:11 AM, Lynne wrote:

Sue, I spoke with Karen at length last night and she recommended
something
called Factor One.  I'm gonna call the supplier today.  My vet has
now told
me that interferon will not help BooBoo as it is too late.  I've
decided
that I will do what I can within reason to help BooBoo keep
comfortable.
I've had to stop the Doxycycline because it is too stressful for him.
Perhaps we can restart it next week if he's better or if the
culture comes
back suggesting another antibiotic I'll try that.  Our vet is a
really nice
guy but is not encouraging and it seems like now he does not want
to do
anything unless we tell him what to do.  He's concerned I suppose
about the
expense of all this treatment and the inevitable results.

Good luck with the Holistic vet. Around here this disease seems like
something that has not interested a lot of vets and they just
euthanize,
which is shameful.  Also, a lot of vets seem to be more interested
in dogs
than cats, probably because there are so many feral cats around and
they are
causing problems.

Lynne