I'm currently having similar problems with my Sneaker.  His lungs are clear.
He has had an upper resp. infection for weeks now, months really.  they did a
culture and found he had a staph infection, but that part is cleared up. He is
on his 4th round of antibiotics..... the vet thinks it's viral and could be
herpes.  He hasn't been a ton of help. If anyone has any ideas I would love to
hear them.
  tonya

Belinda Sauro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Laurie,
This really got my curiosity, my Joey has episodes where his purr
sounds wet, rumbly and his breathing too, is how I would described it to
my vet. She has checked his lungs when he is having one of these
episodes and says his lungs are clear, that it is contained to his
sinuses. He has never had coughing but I'm curious, can he have asthma
without coughing. These epsodes don't seem to bother him, they affect
me more than him, he doesn't seem to notice them at all.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties