Feline Leukemia Kitty Needs Home
Tommy is a one-year-old orange and white Tabby that came to our apartment on
a cold and rainy night 5 weeks ago. His cry from being cold, wet and hungry
filled the silence of the night. When I picked him up I could feel his bones
and ribs, took him inside and fed him immediately. We opened our home and
heart to him and he rewarded us with smiles and a gentle kind nature.
Duchess, our housecat and previous stray, tolerated him but wasn't too happy
to share her things with him. He humbly accepted his subservient role as
houseguest. Last week our vet informed us that Tommy was positive for the
FELV virus and suggested euthanasia. We were shocked and devastated. He
shows no signs of being sick and we were told he couldn't be around Duchess
our housecat anymore. We are retired and live in a 1-bedroom apartment here
in east Texas and have no extra room to confine Tommy while we find him a
new home. He is being housed at the vets in quarantine and time is running
out for him. Tommy is not neutered yet but otherwise seems to be in good
health since we took him in. We love this beautiful, playful little doll and
are heartsick over this latest death sentence. People aren't put to sleep
for having a chronic illness so why are these innocent beautiful babies
abandoned because they aren't in perfect health? I've cried buckets of tears
for our Tommy, and tried for a week to find him a home as his time on this
earth is running out. Please, if anyone out there knows who we can contact
to rescue Tommy, please contact us immediately. He has been confined and
isolated in this cage for a week now and doesn't understand why this is all
happening to him!

Any information for our beloved Tommy would be so appreciated.

Contact: Ann or Lois Jackson at: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I know Sheila is the closest, but has already turned down this kitty.  THey
obviously love this kitty and I hope some help can be found for them.   Of
course the vet sounds incompetent, to begin with....anyway a little help?
I'll be out of pocket til much later in the day...

http://www.rescuties.org

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

Please help Clarissa!

http://www.change.org/rescuties