This sounds like what I am going through with Junior. He is now off
antibiotics and getting chlorpheneramine to relieve congestion. He is about
the same after a month. I think his is herpes as well. He also has the eye
crud typical of herpes. He has been receiving L Lysine for over a year. I
can only assume it slows the herpes virus down.

A little over a month ago I decided to change his canned catfood. He is now
eating Blue Buffalo Spa Selects. He likes the fishy kinds the most. He was
having issues with his coat and this was a test to see if it helped. His fur
was all over the house and always came out in clumps. I am happy to report
he is no longer losing fur in clumps. His coat is still scruffy as my vet
calls it, but I think that is more a grooming issue. Before he was on canned
IAMS. He still free feeds on IAMS multicat. I have several porkers in the
house, I was hoping this would help. Not sure it has made any difference
other than the catfood bill going up. I need to weigh one of them to see.

A very nasty day here in VA. Hope everyone is warm.

Sally

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 11:29 PM, catatonya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm currently having similar problems with my Sneaker.  His lungs are
> clear.  He has had an upper resp. infection for weeks now, months really.
> they did a culture and found he had a staph infection, but that part is
> cleared up. He is on his 4th round of antibiotics..... the vet thinks it's
> viral and could be herpes.  He hasn't been a ton of help. If anyone has any
> ideas I would love to hear them.
> tonya
>

> *Belinda Sauro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:
>
> Laurie,
> This really got my curiosity, my Joey has episodes where his purr
> sounds wet, rumbly and his breathing too, is how I would described it to
> my vet. She has checked his lungs when he is having one of these
> episodes and says his lungs are clear, that it is contained to his
> sinuses. He has never had coughing but I'm curious, can he have asthma
> without coughing. These epsodes don't seem to bother him, they affect
> me more than him, he doesn't seem to notice them at all.
>
> --
>
> Belinda
> happiness is being owned by cats ...
>
> Be-Mi-Kitties
> http://www.bemikitties.com
>
> HostDesign4U.com [affordable hosting & web design]
> http://www.hostdesign4u.com
>
> ForYouByUs.com [custom printing]
> http://www.foryoubyus.com

Black, Lily, Daisy, Pewter, Junior Junior (newest) , Silver, and  Spike
 Please Visit my Message board for some pictures. You are welcome to sign
up.