Hi Lynne

It is one of several viruses that cause most kitty colds/flu it is :

Feline rhinotracheitis virus (feline herpesvirus type 1 or FHV-1) causes
acute respiratory illness known as rhinotracheitis (or *feline herpesvirus
infection*). The virus affects domestic and wild cats worldwide.
The following website gives more information
http://www.animalhealthchannel.com/rhinotracheitis/

They can test for it. The other common virus is FCV feline calicivirus

http://www.animalhealthchannel.com/calicivirus/index.shtml

Hope this helps. I assume Junior has the 1st one because of the eye
infection he had a year ago is classic symptom. The FCV causes mouth ulcers.
Junior does not get these.

How is BooBoo doing?

Sally