  From: Sally Davis
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 8:46 PM
  Subject: Re: coughing

  Hi Lynne

  It is one of several viruses that cause most kitty colds/flu it is :

  Feline rhinotracheitis virus (feline herpesvirus type 1 or FHV-1) causes
acute respiratory illness known as rhinotracheitis (or feline herpesvirus
infection). The virus affects domestic and wild cats worldwide.

  The following website gives more information
  http://www.animalhealthchannel.com/rhinotracheitis/

  They can test for it. The other common virus is FCV feline calicivirus

  http://www.animalhealthchannel.com/calicivirus/index.shtml

  Hope this helps. I assume Junior has the 1st one because of the eye infection
he had a year ago is classic symptom. The FCV causes mouth ulcers. Junior does
not get these.

  How is BooBoo doing?

  Sally