  From: Marylyn
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 3:35 PM
  Subject: Re: coughing

  Cat Nap not catnip...it is a combination of essential oils that are
appropriate for cats.........so many are dangerous to them.  I got mine from
http://www.horizonvetserv.com/ because I know the vet and her training.  Rescue
Remedy is available most places.  However, an angel apparently sat on your
shoulder and mentioned the catnip........try it and see how he likes it.  I
keep 3 pas (goat feeder rubber pans) with various grasses and catnip for Dixie.
 They are big enough for her to roll around it and enjoy herself.  I can't say
they look great.....then I can't say I care.

  There are others on the site who are familiar with Dr. Maiers and/or Dr.
Boswell if you can't find a holistic vet.

  I had a cat with cancer who was impossible to pill.  It was heartbreaking.
Your little buddy just needs for you to calm down and help him calm down.  How
would you like someone 100 times bigger than you picking you up, forcing open
your mouth and forcing something down your throat?  Especially if that person
was giving off all the vibes of panic?

  You might try Feliway spray on yourself and his room too.  It is very
calming.  It helped The Royal Princess Kitty Katt accept me.

  Don't give it up.  Enjoy the time you have.  It doesn't matter how long or
how short.