Good job. Kitty acted like she swallowed pills------I found them days and weeks after she left this world. Cats are very sneaky. I suspect that hiding the pill or coating it will make it better. I've tasted various meds for mine what were supposed to be neutral. They were awful. Frankly, I can't remember wha Lasix tastes like. It sounds like the cat nip worked and it may be your answer.
On Feb 23, 2008, at 3:41 PM, Lynne wrote:

I'll look into the Feliway and the rescue remedy. We managed to get several catnip sprigs from outside and BooBoo went nuts over it. We had him out in the patio for fresh air and he didn't want to come in. I couldn't handle the cold any longer. He and Lennie sat only a foot or so from each other enjoying their nip and Boo who is a sucky cat held his ground and when I put Len on my lap he just stared and stared at him. Then he did his rip away at the bottom stair and is upstairs eating again. He loves life I think and has no intention of leaving. I gave him his last dose of Lasix today by putting it in a piece of salmon. Since he was so hungry he didn't notice it.
Lynne
----- Original Message -----
From: Marylyn
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: coughing

Cat Nap not catnip...it is a combination of essential oils that are appropriate for cats.........so many are dangerous to them. I got mine from http://www.horizonvetserv.com/ because I know the vet and her training. Rescue Remedy is available most places. However, an angel apparently sat on your shoulder and mentioned the catnip........try it and see how he likes it. I keep 3 pas (goat feeder rubber pans) with various grasses and catnip for Dixie. They are big enough for her to roll around it and enjoy herself. I can't say they look great.....then I can't say I care.

There are others on the site who are familiar with Dr. Maiers and/or Dr. Boswell if you can't find a holistic vet.

I had a cat with cancer who was impossible to pill. It was heartbreaking. Your little buddy just needs for you to calm down and help him calm down. How would you like someone 100 times bigger than you picking you up, forcing open your mouth and forcing something down your throat? Especially if that person was giving off all the vibes of panic?

You might try Feliway spray on yourself and his room too. It is very calming. It helped The Royal Princess Kitty Katt accept me.

Don't give it up. Enjoy the time you have. It doesn't matter how long or how short.