Sorry, just kind of joined the discussion on pills...I have always used a pill
gun - I got mine from the vet. (It cost me $5.00 and has truly been a
lifesaver.)  Sorry if I am duplicating other's suggestions...
   My cats would NEVER eat anything with a pill in it.  The pill gun is like a
syringe-type thing and you just put it to the back of the throat - and your
fingers are safe.  If you are worried about them taking the pill dry, you can
then follow with a syringe of water or broth.  It was the only way I could ever
get Aggie to take a pill (my diabetic cat who died of cancer 2 months ago).  It
is so much easier than trying to get them to take something nasty from a
dropper - like Clinidrops (Clindrops?)  That is so bitter and the only reason I
tasted it was because Armond actually spit it in my face.  I wouldn't take it
either without a fight!

Marylyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I didn't realize he was a flat-faced cat.  New thought.  There are little
bowls chefs use for various ingredients before they mix and cook.  I am
struggling to find a name.  They are shallow but the sides slope gently.  They
are really neat for cats and might help keep the food from spreading.  It
doesn't sound gross either.  I'll work on the name but they aren't that
difficult to find and, like I said, keep the food from spreading.  Consider
raising the bowl.  Dixie has a little table that raises her bowl maybe 4
inches.  She really doesn't need it but I started raising bowls when Kitty
started having reflux problems due to pancreas cancer.  It really helped her so
all my inside critters have raised food bowls.  Kitty could hide pills.  I
could put them so far back in her throat, watch her swallow several times, then
find the pill on the floor in a few minutes.  They are amazing.  And totally
worth all we do in their behalf.