Hi El,

Thank you for taking in those severely neglected cats. I cannot believe (though that's a figure of speech) that the FeLV+ girl was in such horrible shape, coming from a "shelter." You have given all of them a new lease on life. I'm always grateful that there are people like you out there, and you'll find like-minded souls here.

There is support on the list for colostrum and a similar product called Transfer Factor. I'm currently using neither on my FeLV+ girl, but you will probably get responses from people using one or the other. If you're using a specific brand, see if they have a web site with information on dose strength. Or, you might call and consult with a holistic or homeopathic vet in your area. They usually have good ideas about these types of supplements.

Interferon? Yes! Interferon alpha is very affordable, and most vets should have the ability to get it for you. My cat is on a 5 days on/5 days off regimen. I also highly recommend Vetri-Science's Liquid DMG product. One bottle costs in the $30-35 range and lasts my cat for three months, easily. She is asymptomatic, and it's possible that the DMG and interferon are helping her to stay that way.

FInally, I think giving these cats lots of love, play-time and a stress-free environment goes a long way toward helping them have fewer or no symptoms.

Best,

Lance