Lynne, I am truly so sorry for things being as they
are.  Those who responded to your post are more than
correct.  There is no test for FIP.  (except the one
Kelly talked about...I dunno) Vets use a titre, and
they add up all the clinical symptoms and guess.
Almost all cats will test + for the corona virus.
Even if the former owners did really vaccinate, if the
cat had been exposed, it wouldn't have made any
difference.

We believe, but do not KNOW if that is what got our
precious felv baby Ki last year.  His fluid was in the
addoman, and he already had liver damage.

I am told there is a group for FIP.  Anyone know
anything?  You think vets are negative about felv?
Just ask about FIP.  I honestly don't know the odds
here, but you are doing everything and more for
BooBoo.  He knows he is loved and is grateful for you
both.  God bless you all.

Dede

--- Lynne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well just when you think it can't get any worse it
> does.  BooBoo's cytology came back today and he has
> FIP as well as feline leukemia.  There was no
> bacteria in it. There is nothing left for us to do
> for him.  There was no bacteria in the culture, just
> protein and fibres, because his blood vessels are
> leaky.  The vet says all we can do is make him
> comfortable and at this point it is all about
> quality of life.  He will continue to drain his
> lungs every week to 10 days and keep him on this
> antibiotic until it is finished and only Lasix once
> a day, which I guess does nothing for this lung
> fluid.  If he becomes worse, ie he has to have the
> fluid drained more frequently then we will have to
> do the obvious.  We will put on a good face for our
> dear boy and do everything we can to keep him with
> us as long as we can but it isn't looking too good
> at the moment.  The vet said they had another cat in
> this week that tested positive for FIP but not
> leukemia.  He said BooBoo has been hit with a double
> blow and unfortunately the end is near.  I don't
> know if the Factor stuff will make it here before
> Boo dies but I'm trying to be realistic here now and
> face the inevitable.  My husband and I are horribly
> sad about this but I'm getting angry now at these
> criminals who owned him and lied to me about his
> being healthy and vaccinated.  We have several top
> notch lawyers in our practice who like me a lot and
> would do me a favor if I asked.  I'm seriously
> considering consulting with one of them when this
> tragedy is over.
>
> Lynne

"When you are in the service of your fellow beings, you are only in the service
of your God"
                   Mosiah 2:17

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.