yes. or asthma (which can be manifestation of allergies).
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: catatonya
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2008 11:21 AM
  Subject: Re: coughing, sneezing allergies

  I have wondered if Sneaker's sneezing/breathing problems could be allergy
related.  The vet seems to think it's herpes virus...
  I have started adding lysine to his food.

  Sally Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    This sounds like what I am going through with Junior. He is now off
antibiotics and getting chlorpheneramine to relieve congestion. He is about the
same after a month. I think his is herpes as well. He also has the eye crud
typical of herpes. He has been receiving L Lysine for over a year. I can only
assume it slows the herpes virus down.

    A little over a month ago I decided to change his canned catfood. He is now
eating Blue Buffalo Spa Selects. He likes the fishy kinds the most. He was
having issues with his coat and this was a test to see if it helped. His fur
was all over the house and always came out in clumps. I am happy to report he
is no longer losing fur in clumps. His coat is still scruffy as my vet calls
it, but I think that is more a grooming issue. Before he was on canned IAMS. He
still free feeds on IAMS multicat. I have several porkers in the house, I was
hoping this would help. Not sure it has made any difference other than the
catfood bill going up. I need to weigh one of them to see.

    A very nasty day here in VA. Hope everyone is warm.

    Sally