Forgot to mention, I do this twice a day. I've always read and heard that the standard dosage of Lysine for an adult cat is 250-500 mg twice a day. I usually start off with 500 and reduce at some point to 250 before stopping it completely. It's an amino acid which counters the effect of the amino acid, Arginine, which is needed by the Herpes virus to replicate and be active. If it's Herpes causing the problem, I usually see a result pretty quickly - within a couple of days things start getting better.

GLoria