Is it possible that he could be aggravated by a food allergy?  Has he always
eaten the recovery food?

world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

----- Original Message ----
From: Gloria Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wednesday, March 5, 2008 6:05:54 PM
Subject: Re: Unresponsive URI

Forgot to mention, I do this twice a day.  I've always read and heard that the
standard dosage of Lysine for an adult cat is 250-500 mg twice a day.  I
usually start off with 500 and reduce at some point to 250 before stopping it
completely.   It's an amino acid which counters the effect of the amino acid,
Arginine, which is needed by the Herpes virus to replicate and be active.  If
it's Herpes causing the problem, I usually see a result pretty quickly - within
a couple of days things start getting better.

GLoria