  From: Lynne
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 2:53 PM
  Subject: Herpes virus

  Could any of you give me some first hand info and experience with the herpes
virus in cats.  There is this young cat I saw a picture of who is in a rescue
shelter at the moment . The poor little thing was a total wreck when this woman
took her in and she is now in the process of getting her eyes cleaned up.  They
look a whole lot better than they did before this woman got hold of her.
Apparently the vet who is taking care of the cat said her eyes would have to be
cleaned at least twice a day and when and if she has flareups the appropriate
treatment will have to be given.  She is being spayed very shortly and is going
to be up for adoption fairly soon.  I said I would take her probably because
she reminded me a lot of BooBoo.  She's all white and from the picture looks
like she may have persian in her.  She has that same flat little face that Boo
did.  Would I be getting myself into something like I just went through with
Boo or is there more hope for these animals. This kitty has tested negative for
feline leukemia.  I haven't even told my husband yet.  I just blurted out that
I would take her.  I don't even know if I'll be chosen anyway.

  Lynne