Crush L-lysine tablets (500mg) and sprinkle the powder on top of, or mix the
powder into, a little bit of canned food (or more canned food if that is more
convenient).  I add to a small amount to my cats' food to make sure they get it
all but a feral will likely eat all the food anyway. Maintenance dose is 250 mg
two times a day (total of 500 mg in a day). If you see symptoms, many people
increase that to 500mg two times a day (total of 1000 mg).

  I bought a pill crusher from Walgreens. I can crush the pill and sprinkle 1/2
in AM, store the rest of the powder in the crusher and use the rest of the
crushed pill at dinner time. Works slick. Takes less than a minute to crush!