l-lysine is a wondrous thing. tricks the herpes virus into not replicating,
for some still-to-be-determined reasons. there is ongoing research to find
out how and why, and the EXACT dosage to use in cats; many multi-cat
facilities use is prophylatically (um, haven't had caffeine yet, is that
spelled correctly?)--it's quite inexpensive when bought in the powdered form
and we just added it to the water at the sanctuary. we saw a marked
difference in both eye problems and the snifflies. one of the california vet
associations years back said that all cats should be on it; and it's about
the only thing i've ever come across that MDs, DOs, DVMs, and holistic
practitioners all agree upon.

--

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....