aw, honey--

i am so sorry.

you know, tho, i've come to feel that they don't really take pieces of us
when they leave. we cry, for ourselves, for what we've missed--but it's
because of how much they've given us. and it seems that, once the first
horrid pain passes, i find out just how much of each one they've left
behind.... (someone said, on one of the boards i read, that the intense pain
is their digging a permanent home in our hearts--fanciful, of course, but
who knows..... i think that hole was dug long before, myself.....)

marley is with you and jen and all the others as long as you remember
him--cherish that meow, and the memories of those dances (why WOULDN'T we
believe he slow danced with you? i might question a cha-cha, but not a slow
dance), and all the other times you spent with him. you enriched each
other's lives.

hmmmmm--he dances; does he sing? i'm told there's a great BlackCatChoir at
the bridge....

MC

--

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!