it could be a full-time job keeping up with them, seriously. i was ONLY
checking out places that had websites, and sometimes it was almost
impossible to actually FIND the information--and of the places i emailed, in
my official name so they wouldn't automatically ignore it, i got a less than
10% response rate.

i was using every main source available, and for some states i went to over
500 shelter/rescue sites--yet sometimes i found out about programs and
clinics not from the sites themselves, but from someone ELSE'S site that
referenced them. very difficult to find the information, and so many
programs are funded only until the money runs out.

the nationwide programs, like spayUSA and friends of animals have a
completely different way of listing/searching for programs, so unless a
place said that they participated in one of those programs, we couldn't
include them....

i asked for help from one major group of spay/neuter activists, but got no
everyone else's politics, so sometimes you just have to wonder what the real
agendas are.

if anyone has lots of time on their hands, we'd be GLAD to have help in
working on keeping the site as close to updated as is humanly possible....

(oh, yeah--the animal-control facility in my own county has/had a low-cost
s/n program.... there's NO mention of it anywhere on their website.... i
found out about it through rumors.....and no one i spoke to locally had ever
heard about it either. makes it a bit inaccessible.)

really tired of winter here in the midwest.