Thanks MC for explaining the ELISHA test.  I had Mattie tested when her Mom.
Daisy, was spayed.  A lady here on the Eastern Shore drives up to MD once a
month to a vet who does low cost spaying for rescues.   She doesn't know
anything about FeLV and just relayed the vets comments.

Sissy and Rocket have had two ELISHA tests 4 months apart.  When I 1st rescued
them and again when they were spayed.  Since they were FeLV+ I went with the
local high cost vet for the spaying.   Didn't want them stressed any more than
necessary.  I plan to have the IFA test done late this yr.  Both are currently
the picture of health and tired of being quarantined in the bedroom.

I have read the info on the Ally Cats web site.  I agree that healthy cats
should not be PTS.  The Yahoo Rescue group I belong to feels that TNR kitties
should not be tested as long as they are healthy when spayed/neutered.   Like
the military 'don't ask, don't tell' philosophy.  The exception is any cat that
will be placed for adoption.

There were 5 kittens in Sissy and Rocket's litter,  One vanished.  One,
Daisy, has been TNR and I have one, Mae, to go.  No idea who their Mom was.  I
haven't see any likely candidates around the dumpster site.  With 3 negative
inside cats I just can't take them all in.   I think I have lined up a forever
home for 2 of the babies, Bright Eyes and Houdini, in a home with FeLV+ cats.
Since Mattie is blind and Capt.CJ only has sight in one eye, I'll keep them.
So far I have just had Mattie tested.  No reason not to believe all 4 babies
are positive.  I will have them tested when they are spayed.   Maybe, since
they are no longer nursing and eating well, they can kick it.
Thanks for your input.
Sharyl