no, wendy, they do NOT carry the mother's antibodies. that is FIV--and the
FeLV test doesn't test for antibodies anyway, it tests for antigens. PLEASE
check before you send things out to the list.

as for lysine, it is specific for the various forms of HERPES viruses, not
all those that cause respiratory symptoms. it causes the herpes virus not to
replicate, it does not boost the immune system per se, and it has no known
effect to date on any other virii. this is not news. as an essential amino
acid, it's not going to HURT anything, and some veterinary associations
suggest that all cats, symptomatic or not, should be given daily doses of
it. but there is no value in claiming that it, or any other treatment, does
what it does not.

MC

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 8:17 PM, wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Julie,
>

> Good luck with the retest.  I am not sure if anyone mentioned this or not,
> but the kittens should be retested I think after a certain age, because they
> can carry their mother's FeLV antibodies for a certain time and test
> positive even though they may actually test negative at a later date.  I am
> thinking four months, but not sure on that.  Someone here will know that
> specifically.
>

> I swear by lysine for humans and animals (is there a difference?  lol);
> it's an anti-viral.  Make sure you buy pure lysine.  I have also heard great
> things about Vitamin C, but have never used it with my cats.  Let us know
> how it goes.
>

> :)
>
> Wendy
>

> "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change
> the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret
> Meade ~~~

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....

MaryChristine