From: Pat Kachur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Buzzy is Anemic
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Friday, July 25, 2008, 12:53 PM

I was curious about the mention of wishing cats could take iron...so
searched the web and found this:

Some veterinarians recommend giving a cat iron supplements, not as a cure,
but rather as a preventative to ensure the production of healthy red blood
cells. Certain steroids can help in stimulating the appetite and there are
also drugs that appear to stimulate the production of erythropoietin.

It was part of an article on feline anemia written by a Donna Reynolds.
Just thought it was interesting.