I cut the thread down-- this is an answer to Michelle:
Unfortunately, yes, we are suspecting that and all I can say is that I do plan
to address that with my vet on Monday b/c I can talk to him like that.  I was
hoping he might have some insight.  I didn't want to say anything in my
original email b/c I don't want to accuse anyone with little to no proof.  But
the cause of the sezizures IS important to me b/c of the fact that if the cause
is organic (dry FIP, Toxo, Tumor), then we are dealing with something
degenerative and fatal.  Thus if his quality of life is horrible, I will do the
right thing by him.  However, if the seizures have been induced by trauma, then
there is the possibility that the neurological damage is finite and can be
managed.  My mom is a classic over-reactor, but at the same time, pretty
astute.  She did not want to adopt this cat to this lady from the get go b/c of
the lady's oddness and obvious health problems and my mom and I both do
"profiling"/matching of potential adoptive parents and we are good at it!  From
the get go, she did not think a hyperactive kitten was right for these people-
I agreed and I fought the good fight, but they paid their money and I got
over-ruled.  My mom could barely handle him when I fostered him and would get
aggravated with him, so honestly I think this is what started her down the road
in her thinking of abuse/trauma.  She apparently did research last night and
this solidfied her suspicions.  I am suspicious too b/c the claws.  And until I
witness a seizure myself, that is going to bother me.  He freaks if I get near
them- and I know they must pain him so (he essentially supposedly declawed
himself)-- but it's just the way he reacted...I don't know-- so violent, like
he was prepared to fight for his life over his paw- not like it hurt him to
have it touched?  Also because of his slight neglectful appearance-- nothing
major, but not acceptable by my standards at all!  An indoor cat with fleas?
Hell no, not on my watch!  And I just don't believe much of what they said
about him not ever growling before until recently?  That lil monster growled
all the time when I fostered him- when playing with a toy or when he was
running around and I would scoop him up, he would growl like a dog and I would
laugh at laugh at him!  That was like a part of his personality?  I just don't
know.  He doesn't really want me to pick him up.  I sometimes think that is
because he thinks I'm going to treat him.  The toys- he just doesn't seem to
know what they are.  Which breaks my heart b/c he used to be a major toy
player.  They seem to trigger something in him so I have put them away.  I will
have to watch for that kind of walking, but he is a "stalker" he does kind of
stalk around and the only way I can describe it is like a wild cat at the zoo
in a cage.  Pacing back and forth?  And he does this in his crate, but out too.
 It's not a play-stalk like cats do when they get low to the ground and shake
their booty just before they pounce.  He's straight up, no low stance and just
kind of pacing, circling?   Whatever happened to him, I'll never not blame
myself I guess.  But at the same time, I would not want this cat in anyone
else's care right now.  I trust no one to do the right thing as much as I trust
myself.  I am not perfect, but I am good and I know I will make the right
decisions by him.  I honestly can't say I know one person who if they said to
me right now they would take him on for me and lighten my already over-bearing
load (that I have made a concerted effort to lighten lately b/c of my new
demanding job!), that I would say "Okay, I trust you!"  Ugh.  caroline