You will receive lots of really good advise here.  The best thing I
can tell you is to find an alternative/holistic vet to help you.  The
first stop I made after finding out that Dixie was positive was to Dr.
Betty Boswell in Louisville.  Dixie saw her frequently and I credit
the alliance between Dr. Boswell and my regular vets, Drs. Koehler and
Bishop, with giving Dixie a wonderful, healthy life.

Do not treat your little one as a patient but as a wonderful kitten
who will have a great life.  No one is guaranteed one minute of life.
Make her life great and your life with her wonderful and forget about
how long or short it may be.