Most people will probably suggest another test, but I would be satisfied with 
another snap test.  If all your own cats are negative and vaccinated I doubt 
there would be a problem.  (Seriously doubt. like 99-1) even if she tested 
positive and you mixed her with adult vaccinated cats.  
  Also, when I say my adults are vaccinated I don't mean that they are 
vaccinated yearly.  When they were kittens they got their first dose and a 
booster.  Then I vaccinate again the 2nd and 3rd year.  After that, I don't 
vaccinate them anymore.  And I've never had the virus transferred even though 
I've brought in several positives.

Laurieskatz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I rescued a mama kitty and one kitten 2 months ago. 
Both mama and kitten tested negative for FeLV August 3.
Mama stayed at vet office for 19 days. Lots of cats go through there because
she is low cost SN who works with rescue. 

Mama has been at my house in a two room suite (with 2 sets of doors between
her and my cats) for a month. I am taking her to local vet tomorrow for a
check up (she has had a big belly since arriving....has lost some of it with
controlled feeding). I want to make sure she is healthy before exposing her
to my five negatives. I am hoping to keep her. She's pretty timid and has a
tendency to bite while she is grooming me so I worry about placing her in an
adoptive home.

I plan to have her tested for FeLV a second time tomorrow. Should I do the
SNAP again or the one that tests bone marrow? Is 30 days in my house long
enough or should I wait longer? She was in a cage at vet's office but the
high cat traffic does concern me.


Felvtalk mailing list

Felvtalk mailing list

Reply via email to