Dear Sue,  I have been thru this so many times, and knowing WHEN to
put a kitty down is s terrible decision.  No matter when you do it you
will feel you either did it too soon, and your cat may have been able
to live longer, or you'll think you waited too long, and your cat
suffered.... I believe your Buzzy used the last of his strength to
fight going into the cat carrier, because we all know how much cats
hate being put in carriers!  I don't think it meant he was going to
get better. We all hope our cats will die at home in their sleep, but
this so seldom happens, and I know how awful it is to have to make
the decision to take them to the vet to be put to sleep.  Don't let
this haunt you.  He knew he was loved, and I'm sure you made the
right decision.

Lorrie