Oh my.  A story I know well.  With both Felv+ and Felv- cats.  You
have been hooked by an angel.  My first and only Felv+ was Dixie.  She
was probably 3 or so years old.  After I decided to find a way to keep
her (She apparently had lost her home and was hanging out with the
ferals behind my mother's home.  She was supposed to be spayed then
become my farm cat) I took her to a holistic vet my regular vets had
referred me to with other animals.  Dr. Betty Boswell worked with the
vets at Middletown Animal Hospital and between them and the love Dixie
got as well as gave, she had three wonderful years and HAD
EVERYTHING!!!!!  I urge any one with a critter who has problems to
seek holistic services as well as regular vets.  My world is great in
that both groups I use respect each other.  Fed the highest quality
food you can.  Mix in ground/chopped veggies high vitamin C (Dixie
loved baby carrots, broccoli and spinach).  Start her on Colostrum or
Transfer Factor.  Love him with all your and do not fear the future.
Everyone who loves and is loved has a broken heart eventually and,
just as eventually, breaks another's heart.  Learn from him.  He came
to you for a reason.  And hang with this group.  You found it the way
I did and it is wonderful.  The information is great and, although it
is sometimes conflicting, you need to read it all to find out what is
right for you and your wonderful friend.  And give him EVERYTHING!!!

Marylyn, Copper & Thomas