I wonder if Lysine would help with the eye infection?  I've used the
supplement with some ferals and, at one point, with Dixie.  There are
some nuances though.  You need to get them from others on the list.
It has to do with the quality of the supplement.  Until you hear from
someone wiser, wait.

> I just found this list after doing a little on line reading.  I
> joined this
> list to learn more about the issues surrounding caring for a Feline
> Leukemia
> positive cat.  Here's our story:
>
> I have never owned a cat or even been around a cat in my life and
> I'm almost
> 52.  Two years ago this coming spring I was in my yard working in my
> flowers
> and this poor scrawny cat came and climbed up in my lap.  I kept
> moving him
> and he came moving back in my lap.  He just kept hanging around so I
> gave
> him milk (remember I know NOTHING about cats).  The next day he was
> sitting
> on my front porch so I brought him some dog food out (that's all I
> had as I
> have always had dogs)  He ate it as fast as I'd give it to him.  The
> next
> day he was still there so I bought him catfood.  I started feeding
> him every
> day outside.  He stayed.  After about 3 weeks I figured if he was
> going to
> stay I better get him to a vet and get him neutered.  I took him to
> my dog's
> vet who tested him for Feline Leukemia and I don't know what else
> and said
> he's positive for Feline Leukemia, you might as well have him put to
> sleep
> as he's gonna die anyway.
> Well, I'd become attached to him so I said, no not gonna do that.
> Go ahead
> and neuter him and give him whatever vaccinations he needs and we'll
> go from
> there.  I found a local vet that specializes in cats and took him
> there.  I
> moved him inside and there's he's been ever since. He's a huge boy
> now, a
> sweet loving lap cat and  I love him with all my heart :-)
>
> He's had some problems, a kidney infection, eye infections, and now
> he's
> having some issues with what they think is pancreatitis.  He's had
> bouts of
> vomiting, and loss of appetite.  It comes back after a day or so and
> he's
> fine for several days but then it seems to come back.  I'm now
> waiting on
> the results of some test that may be able to determine if it is truly
> pancreatitis.  All his other blood levels are normal.  No temp.
> Today his
> heart rate was up but other than that he was normal other than he
> acted like
> his tummy hurt and he wouldn't eat and didn't want to be handled (both
> things are very unlike him as he'd sit in my lap for hours usually
> if I'll
> let him)

> [...]

Marylyn, Copper & Thomas