I took my kitten to a holistic vet, and she prescribed DMG
(dimethylglycine) to boost his immune system, as well as a
homeopathic antiviral mixture. I also give him (well, ALL my cats) a
food high in protein, make sure I wash my hands after I get home from
work, don't let him touch my work shoes (I work at a hospital), etc. I
also try to prevent stress, and give him lots of love. :)

        Lisa
 On Tue 23/12/08 8:14 AM , patricia.a.elk...@gsk.com sent:
  I have been fostering for a big city shelter and although I
"almost"
 always tested new cats
 when they came to me and kittens before they were introduced into
the
 general herd, I ended
 up this year with 4 FELV+ kittens less than 1 year old. Three of
these
 tested negative when they
 came to me and the fourth and youngest was born at my house from a
 pregnant mom that also
 tested negative.
 I am adopting all of these guys now. I am working my way through
reading
 the archives of this list, but is there a consensus
 on best practice for treating kittens and cats while they are still
 healthy before they experience problems
 related to FELV to keep them as healthy as possible?
 Thanks!
 Trissa in Philly
[2]

Links: