Taste of the WIld has similar claims and is available in some pet food stores. Copper and Thomas love the stuff and so did Dixie. Wellness has good, grain free cat food in both the cans and dry.
On Jan 1, 2009, at 10:10 PM, <dlg...@windstream.net> wrote:

i ordered a new food, Serengeti from Timberwolf. all organic, says closer to natural wild cat food, no dyes, etc. can reach at www.timberwolforganics.com . i got a small bag to see how my girls and boy liked it. when i cut it open, they almost pulled the bag out of my hand and have been eating like crazy ever since. might want to give it a try. hope they slow down. actually come to get me when bowls are empty. a little costly, but if they eat it all and it is keeps them in better health. waiting to see if since more closely resembles a cats natural diet, may need to eat less to get all nutrients they need. dorlis
---- Laurieskatz <lauriesk...@mchsi.com> wrote:
Thanks for this update. I do know that Meow Mix DRY is not advised because of all the dyes in it. What makes it look pretty is toxic for our kitties. The dyes can cause urinary tract problems and more. I used to feed it years ago and my vet ordered me to find something else! I have no experience with
MM canned.

The veterinary teaching hospital vets told me to feed canned Fancy Feast or
Friskies to cats who don't want to eat. FF works at my house.

Does he vomit shortly after eating? If so, he could be gobbling his food or he could be allergic to the food. After they vomit, good to wait several hours before trying to feed again and then feed only small amounts every 1/2
hour or so.
If he is gobbling his food, I give small amount first and then rest of it
after that stays down for 15 minutes.

Vomiting is a serious sign so please keep an eye and make sure he is having stools...if not, he could be blocked and needs to see a vet asap. I would not let a cat go more than a day with vomiting without seeing a vet...there
are meds to stop the involuntary vomit response.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
Laurie

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of souther...@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 10:11 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Sidney, How is General?

He's eating but now he seems to be throwing up what he eats. he has no fever

and he acts normal. Has been fever free and acting normal for the last
couple
of days. The not eating and the fever was just one day. But I gave him
Meow
mix wet the last few days and he threw it up twice. I just gave him Evo, after the Meow Mix came up this morning. If this doesn't work I have the
chicken
and turkey baby food to try.

Marylyn, Copper & Thomas