I'm so sorry - If it were my kitty, I'd keep him on interferon (low dose oral). I don't know, but I'd guess the swollen lymph node means he's fighting an infection.

Different vets have different prices for interferon. If cost is an issue, you might check around. I get a large amount for about $15.

Best of luck,

Gloria