From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of jb...@tds.net
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:52 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Could anyone help?

You are a wonderful group of people with knowledge and connections that are
fantastic.  For that reason, I would like to ask for anyone's help or
suggestions.

There is a 'non-kill', all volunteer animal shelter in my community that is
run by a 75 year old horder and her husband (the treasurer).  The facility
is horrendous condition.  Feces, urine and vomit cover the floors, walls and
cages.  Medical care is all but ignored, disease runs through the facility.
In fact they have felv and are ignoring it.  I have taken four felv positive
cats out of there in less than a year.  Three have died.

Many, many, many complaints have been made to the sheriff's department, only
recently did we get them to present something to the DA's office, but they
will not press charges.

These are bad people running this facility and the animals suffer badly at
their hands.  They claim to be a poor facility that can't afford to change
the situation, but own 1.7 million in personal property and have recently
received $34,000 in donations with no change in the facility.  They owe the
government, the vet and many others.  There is deceit, poor management and
constant animal suffering.  Does anyone know a lawyer that would be willing
to help.  The facility is in Wisconsin.

We have involved HSUS, PETA, ALDF, the sheriff's department, the town board,
local humane officer.  Noone can get in to shut the place down.  There must
be some law that can help.  Please help us help these animals.  The stories
are horrendous and never ending.

Thanks

Jenny