My Mandy, now 7, was spayed four years ago--no problem at all as far as stress affecting her leukemia-positive status. She is still doing great today.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marci Greer" <frecklescras...@hotmail.com>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Felvtalk Digest, Vol 8, Issue 7

Hi All,

I have a FELV+ kitty, Maddie 3 yrs old who came as a stray to us in October 2008, she is strictly indoors now, she is on interferon, and she is eating well, gaining weight, playing, lovable, etc. She has not been spayed, My vet who wanted to put her to sleep in October just because she was positive, which of course I did not do, told me not to have her spayed it could stress her and she would die, another vet told me to have her spayed. I don't know what to do, looking at her you would never even know that she was sick. Any advice? I love her so much and I don't want to do anything that may harm her.